For children across the country, school will soon be back in session. This is a difficult time as schedules become filled and new pressures are put on children and parents. Making sure your child gets off to a good start is crucial and can influence your child’s confidence, attitude and performance in the classroom.
Here are a few suggestions to help get your child on the right track to having a successful school year:
- Get your forms ready: There may be certain vaccinations your child needs prior to the start of the new school year. Most fall sports programs require completed medical forms prior to student participation.
- Don't hit snooze: Help your child get used to the back-to-school routine by beginning the transition to earlier-wake up times and bedtimes during the end of summer. This will ensure your child is ready for when the school year starts. Proper rest is vital for a healthy and productive school year.
- Feed their bodies and brains: Good nutrition influences your child’s school performance. Studies show that children who eat healthy, balanced breakfasts and lunches do better in school.
- Pick the right size pack: Ensure your child is carrying a backpack which is the right weight and reduces stress on their back.
- Wash hands: Before your child goes back to school, make sure he or she understands the health importance of proper hand washing, especially before eating and after using the restroom.
- Exercise: Fitness will help your child sleep easier and allow them to better handle physical and emotional challenges - from running to catch a bus to studying for a test.
and all required vaccinations?
Schedule an appointment today.