In honor of National Stroke Awareness Month, learn how to prevent a stroke and become familiar with the symptoms:
- Sudden weakness or numbness of face, arm or leg—especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden trouble speaking or understanding others.
- Sudden difficulty seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden loss of balance or coordination.
- Severe headache with no known cause.
The Penn Stroke Center is certified by the Joint Commission and has been awarded Gold Plus and Honor Roll status by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association.
Read about the Penn Stroke Center
Learn more about Penn Neuro Intensive Care